Monday 29 December 2014

2014 batch 1: Cyser (9) - Which chili was used for the Capsi-Cyser

I finally found out which chili I have been using for my CapsiCyser. It is an asian chili type called Birds Eye of the genus Capsicum Annuum.

As it turns out the chilies are known to be very pungent, which means that you can actually smell the fruit even though only a little has been added.


The chilies are quite strong. On the Scoville scale they are 100,000 to 225,000 which is in the bottom og the range of the strongest commercial chili - the habanero which has a Scoville strength up to 350,000.

Because of that I only add 1/2 chili without seeds for 500 ml of mead. Using only the red chilies I thought it looked a bit more appealing. 


And it still tastes great. I think it is going to be repeated next year :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment